Wednesday 17 September 2014

Trial-Sized Tuesday's - BareMinerals BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Review And Swatch

A couple of weeks ago I received a sample of BareMineral's newest foundation BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum. I was really excited to try it as I've not really tried a lot of products by BareMinerals and the hype surrounding this foundation is quite big, so here's how I got on with it.
Described as 'an ultra-thin silky texture' I couldn't agree more. I was surprised at how much coverage it provided for such a light foundation, it did glide on like a serum. 'One to two weightless drops transform, soften and smooth the appearance of your complexion' yes and no. For someone like me who has a bit of redness on the cheeks and quite a bit of acne scarring you'd definitely need more than one to two drops of foundation. It did look great on the areas of my face that need little coverage but I found I couldn't layer the foundation very well, due to it's serum type texture I ended up just moving the foundation underneath rather than layering it.
I received a sample in the shade 'Bare Ivory' which was quite a good match, a little on the orange side (I'm off the self tan now we're stepping into autumn). My main bug bare with this foundation was the fact that anything I tried to layer on top of it be it my concealer or blusher just seemed to move the foundation underneath, it just wasn't settling into my skin! I don't suffer from dry skin, it used to be terribly oily however nowadays, blemishes aside, it is quite normal but after a few hours of wear the foundation went all weird and blotchy around my nose and mouth as if stuck to dry skin.
As you probably can tell from my review I'm not a fan of this foundation. This foundation would be suitable for someone with normal skin who needs very little to no concealer for blemishes (in which case if that were me I wouldn't be wearing any foundation!). Foundation for me is a case of 'better the devil you know'...every time I get a little bored or something new comes out and I try it I'm usually disappointed and always turn back to my trusty MAC Studio Fix Fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment