Saturday 19 April 2014

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation Review and Swatches



 I adore my current foundation, the colour match is perfect and the formula gives me a healthy, matte finish but as the weather is getting warmer I have been looking for something a little more long lasting and non-transferable, my current foundation is great for around 8 hours but by the afternoon it often starts to get a little blotchy looking around my nose and mouth. After reading some great reviews I decided to purchase MAC Pro Longwear Foundation £25. The foundation claims to give up to 15 hours of wear even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin flawless and contains SPF 10.

Left Pro Longwear NC15
Right Studio Fix Fluid NC15
I purchased this foundation two weeks ago (online) and when I pulled it out of the box my first reaction was that the shade was far too warm for me. I purchased MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in the shade NC15 as this is my usual shade in the Studio Fix Fluid that I wear, in comparison to the Studio Fix it is less yellow toned and I thought it just would not be wearable but after a couple of plays around with the type of application it is actually quite a good colour match.

Left Studio Fix Fluid NC15
Right Pro Longwear NC15

 Now when I initially tried to apply the Pro Longwear I used my Real Techniques Expert Face brush, as this brush gives me flawless results when using Studio Fix but I found the Pro Longwear to initially come out of the bottle quite thick and oily and the brush was just moving the foundation around my face and not buffing it in to my skin. After reading some more reviews about how people get the best application results it seemed the general consensus was to use a damp beauty blender. I purchased the Real Techniques Miracle Sponge £5.99 and the application was so much easier!


This foundation is a sheer to medium formula, I did find it quite difficult to build up layers as before it sets to a natural matte finish it is quite an oily feeling texture but if you work in small areas quickly the results are quite flawless! What I did like about this foundation is that you have no need for concealer as you can just spot apply with a detailing brush where needed. The finish as I've said is a natural matte looking finish, like skin only better! This foundation definitely lives up to it's claims of being long-wearing, I took the photo above after roughly 8 hours of wear and it was showing no signs of budging. 

So, if you're looking for a long-wearing foundation I would definitely recommend this one after mastering my techniques for application.

Jodie
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment