Friday 18 April 2014

April's Birchbox



Ok, so I'm sure most subscribers have already received their boxes and non-subscribers have definitely seen a million photos but here's what I received in my April Birchbox....

Yes To Cucumbers Facial Wipes

Not the most exciting thing to sample from a beauty box but definitely a refreshing, essential one! These rejuvenating wipes are packed with vitamins and yep, you guessed it...organic cucumbers! They claim to have an anti-inflammatory green tea extract in them that will improve the general health of skin and protect from free-radiacals. The sample size was a decent 10 wipes and price at only £4.99 for a full-size pack of 30 they are very purse-friendly.

Campos de Ibiza Almond Body Milk

A fast-absorbing formula with rosewater to calm sensitive skin and anti-oxidants offer long lasting hydration and protection from environmental aggressors- such as sun damage. This also was an ample sized sample, it was pleasant but body milk's aren't really my thing so I doubt I'll purchase the full size product (£16.55 for 200ml).

theBalm How 'Bout Them Apples

By far the favourite product in my box this month! When I started to see other subscribers boxes I was praying this would be in mine! I received a sample of the shade 'Pie' which is an easy to blend shade cream formula which can be used on either cheeks or lips. The full size version is priced at £26 which is a total bargain as it comes with six multi-tasking shades.

Color Club Gala's Gems Collection

Now I was a bit annoyed when I opened my box as prior to despatch Birchbox emailed me and said I could pick which shade of polish I would like in my box, I responded straight away and picked Breakfast At... which is the gorgeous green colour. I however received Heirloom Pearls which is the shimmery off-white...not really my colour! The bottles are quite cute and a decent 7ml size, the collection of 4 polishes is priced at £15.


Propercorn Sweet Coconut & Vanilla Popcorn

As a little extra sweet treat there was a bag of Propercorn coconut and vanilla popcorn, I really thought wouldn't be my thing but they are actually really tasty! Priced at 90p for a 20g bag they a purse and hips friendly!


Last but not least...Lord & Berry Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil

Now I don't usually reach for a kohl eyeliner as my general day-to-day make-up look includes a winged eyeliner so I use something a lot less smudge-proof but an eyeliner is always a welcome addition to my make-up arsenal. Luckily I received the shade black, which I think most did. This eyeliner smudges very easily so would be ideal for the odd occasion when I go for the smokey-eyed look.


All-in-all not a bad box at all this month, apart from the mix-up with the nail polish shade and my box taking what seemed like forever to be despatched...I'm happy.

Jodie
xoxo












No comments:

Post a Comment