Wednesday 7 May 2014

May's Edition Of You Beauty Box



This month You Beauty collaborated with CEW (Cosmetic Executive Woman) UK to produce a shortlist of award winning products in a You Beauty Discovery CEW Beauty Awards box. Unfortunately for some this proved to be a very popular shortlist of products and a few of the most wanted products were sold out before 7am on 1st May (the day you can make your selection). I anticipated it being a very popular box and stayed up until midnight to make my selection...sad I know! So lets take a look at the items I picked and the little extra's in my You Beauty box...



The main reason and the one product I stayed up until midnight for was the Fake Bake 60 Minute Tan. I already own this stuff and I think it's fab! It's a really easy liquid tanner with a 'show-where-it-goes' formula that gives a golden tan after 60 minutes, or you can leave for up to 3 hours for a deeper tan to develop. What I really love about Fake Bake's 60 Minute Tan is it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave you feeling all sticky and gross afterwards, I can use this on my face and not break out which is an added bonus! I received the full 236ml bottle retailing at £24.95 along with tanning mitt...the box had paid for itself twice over with this product alone!






              I picked the Percy & Reed Eau My Goodness Shine Spray as I have for some reason a real think for shine spray's. With it's ever cute packaging unique to Percy & Reed products it looks great on my dressing table but the 50ml bottle is small enough to fit in my handing. Whilst the spray did have a divine rose scent and delivered the promised shot of shine I probably wouldn't purchase the full product for £22, at the rate I get through hair products it would turn out to be too expensive.
               




The extra samples that I received in my box this month were Charles Worthington's Moisture
Seal Leave In Hair Conditioner and Caudalie Divine Legs. I'm not sure if there 
is actually enough in the sachet to do a leg but there was enough to give me a feel for
the product. Divine Legs is a quick-drying, long-lasting tinted lotion designed to give a natural finish
with no yucky orange toned streaking. When searching for Charles Worthington's
leave-in conditioner everywhere seemed to be out of stock so I'm guessing it's discontinued,

either that or everyone's snapping it up! Also in my box was a single serving of Lizi's Granola which I haven't tried yet but it looks lush!














I think this month's box was excellent value for money and a great selection of products...so much so I did sub for another box choosing Fake Bake 60 Minute Tan again and Dr Organic Moroccan Argan Oil (separate post to follow on that). I would say You Beauty Discovery is one of the best value for money beauty boxes out there, sure that element of surprise isn't there with what you get through the door but that's what I like! The shortlists are 9 times out of 10 good comprised of a good selection and great value products...for £6.95 including p&p what more do you want?

Jodie
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment