Wednesday 13 August 2014

Trial-Sized Tuesday - Paul And Joe Moisturising Foundation Primer



Over the weekend I ordered a new make-up bag from Asos by Paul and Joe. What I didn't actually realize until after purchasing was that I was actually purchasing a lip balm and the cosmetic bag and 10ml primer came as free extras...either way the whole package is gorgeous!



Yesterday I decided to put the primer to the test, I've not tried may products by Paul and Joe so I was pretty excited to do so. Paul and Joe Moisturizing Foundation Primer probably wouldn't have been my first choice if I was shopping for a primer as I don't suffer from dry skin, quite the opposite actually, my skin is oily/combination so if anything I tend to go for a mattifying primer.
There are 3 shades of this primer available, I received shade 01 Dragee which is ideal for light to medium skintones. The primer is pretty much the same colour as my foundation (MAC Studio Fix NC15) and did a nice job of evening out my skin a little before applying my foundation. When applying it initially feels a little bit sticky but within a couple of minutes it drys to a nice glowy finish with a subtle shimmer. What really impressed me about this primer is the way it transforms your foundation, you still get the same colour and performance from your foundation but this primer really transforms the finish in to a gorgeous dewy one. The primer contains Secret D'Or (the secret of gold - apparently) and a subtle gold pearl shimmer creating a subtle dewy complexion.
I'm really impressed with this primer, so much so I will definitely be purchasing the full size product when my sample runs out. Although I have oily/combination skin it held up all day (I had my face on for around 15 hours yesterday) and I didn't need to blot excess shine away at all. If you fancy giving this primer a go with the bonus extras of a lip balm and cute cosmetic bag you can buy it from ASOS for only £11.50!

No comments:

Post a Comment