Friday 11 July 2014

First Ever Lush Haul!

When ever I have an outbreak I always feel sorry for myself and reach out for some new skincare products or fandangled bit of makeup that promises to ease all my woes (in terms of being a consumer I'm the beauty industries dream!). After reading loads and loads of positive comments on Lush products via several social media platforms I decided to have a mini Lush haul. My nearest Lush shop is about 30 miles away so I ordered via their website (which is very engaging and easy to navigate might I add) and here's what I purchased...


Coalface

After reading some fantastic reviews from fellow acne sufferers I decided to purchase Coalface, a gentle soap with antiseptic rosewood, sandalwood and absorbent charcoal. I would never have considered using a 'soap' on my face as they can be quite astringent but this is lovely to use. Coalface foams up really well and contains pieces of charcoal to gently exfoliate whilst you're cleansing. What I really love about this cleanser is the smell! You can really smell the liquorice root extract, when I open the bathroom door the room is filled with the gorgeous scent. I can't comment on it's abilities to shift my spots just yet as I've been using it for just under a week and I'm at that time in the month where I'm getting them pop up everywhere (damn hormones!).

Mask of Magnaminty

Another product with tons of great reviews is Mask of Magnaminty. I was a little unsure of the difference between this and the Self-preserving Mask of Magnaminty so I purchased both. This multi-purpose mask can be used anywhere on the body, packed with ingredients to clean, calm and clear the skin. I absolutely love the feeling the peppermint oil gives your skin, I've been keeping mine in the fridge and it's so cool and refreshing on the face. I also love the fact that this mask doubles up as an exfoliator when you're ready to take it off, just wet hands and buff the product into your skin before washing off.

Grease Lightning

The final product in my skin clearing spree from Lush was Grease Lightning an antibacterial spot treatment gel. As I've had a quite nasty breakout I'm finding applying Clinique's Anti-Blemish Solutions gel to my face quite frequently is drying my skin a little, so I thought I's try a natural alternative. This spot clearing gel is infused with antiseptic Rosemary, Thyme and Tea Tree as well as Anti-oxidant rich grape juice and Witch Hazel for an anti-inflammatory. I've applied this to a couple of spots before they've come to a head and they've gone back down after a couple days they're completely gone! 


I'm really pleased with my first ever Lush purchases and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of using them in a couple of weeks.




Jodie
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment