Wednesday 12 March 2014

Beauty UK Baked Box Collection

Beauty UK Baked Box Collection Swatches and Review 

I absolutely love anything with a bit of subtle shimmer in it, anything that promises an illuminating glow has got to be mine! 
My go-to daily illuminator is Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Lightscapade which although has some veining of blues and pinks just gives a neutral illuminating finish suitable for anywhere on the face or body. When I came across these Baked Boxes from Beauty UK for only £3.99vI just couldn't resist! I went for shade no.4 Goddess and shade no.3 Halo as I felt they would get more use as they could be applied in multiple places rather than just the cheeks.


 Now, I often find photo's on website's don't represent the true colour of the product, so on the left we have no.4 Goddess and on the right no.3 Halo, both taken in natural daylight. They have only been swatched, the boxes look a little untidy with the product escaping the packaging containing it but the box and the product itself are great quality for the price!

Below I have swatched Goddess on the left, Halo centre and Mac Mineralize Skinfinish on the right as a comparison for colour variation. 

Goddess is a gorgeous bronze shimmer which will look great with a tan in the summer, I also tried it as an eyeshadow earlier and it gives a gorgeous wash of colour. Halo has a lovely illuminating pink tone to it which will be flattering to most skin tones, this looks great on the cheekbones, under the eyebrow arch and in the corners of your eyes, this would be a great skin pick-me-up when your having one of those days! Just as a comparison of colour and finish, Mac Mineralize on the right.

I think these Baked Boxes are great quality and an excellent high-end dupe! For the price give them a go, they are sold in Boots and Superdrug and they often have 3 for 2 or similar offers!

Jodie 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment