Wednesday 26 March 2014

My First Birchbox...



I'm sure Birchbox isn't new to many of you but after a few disappointing boxes from Glossybox I decided to give Birchbox a go...especially when I saw they were collaborating with one of my favorite handbag designers...Lulu Guinness! If you read one of my latest posts about Glossybox you will know I have cancelled my subscription, for me a beauty box should be more about the quality of the contents than the quantity. As I live in a rural part of Somerset and the nearest department store for high end products is 50 odd miles away I want to be able to try products out before I commit to buying and they end up in my ever expanding drawer of once-used products! My first Birchbox didn't dissapoint. The box felt it was put together with care, the products were good quality and the sample sizes were very generous. Lets take a look into my box...


Benefit Stay Don't Stray

I absolutely love this primer! So much so I went on to purchase the full size version. It can be used under eye-shadow or under-eye concealer. I was sent light/medium which compliments my skintone perfectly. I have found it gives me a lovely smooth base and keeps my concealer in place all day. A huge thumbs up from me!



Dr Brandt Pores No More

I'm a sucker for anything that claims to erase my huge pores and give me flawless results, other than the fact this box was a Lulu collaboration, this primer was one of the reasons I subscribed. I hate to say it does nothing for my pores, but it does give me lovely base for my foundation. When you squeeze it out of the tube it's a quite intimidating red/brown colour, but this is not at all apparent when your foundation is applied over it. I also want to mention it has quite a strong fragrance, a nice spicy, floral fragrance. I have enjoyed using the sample but probably wouldn't purchase the full size for £39.

Molton Brown Hand Cream

I love hand creams! The sample only lasted me day as I apply hand cream every time I'm done washing my hands. It had a lovely scent, Rhubarb and Rose and instantly absorbed into my skin (just as they claim). It was a pleasure to use but I don't think I'm swayed from my usual go-to hand cream.



English Laundry Signature EDP

I usually am not too phased when I receive a perfume sample...I have a drawer full of them but this perfume is going onto my birthday wishlist! Its a gorgeous sweet floral smell with a faint hint of toffee. It smells quite alike to Katy Perry's Killer Queen or Britney Spears' Fantasy. I was gutted when the sample ran out! Big thumbs up from me!





Korres Citrus Body Milk

I'm not usually too enthralled my citrus smells, they remind me of cheap air-fresheners for some reason?! This moisturizer is an exception. It has a very fresh, light citrus smell. Although it's a body milk, which in my experience are quite light, this is very moisturizing. Another thumbs up from me!



Also included in the box was a white and black striped stick of rock, very in-keeping with the theme of the box...I munched this on one of my lazy pj days! I'm really please with my first ever Birchbox...I'm wondering why I didn't cancel my Glossybox and sign up earlier! I also must say that their customer service is great, I had a query (being a new customer I wasn't familiar with some of the order processes) and their response was friendly and relatively fast. A huge new fan...

Jodie 
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment