Friday 28 February 2014

Spring colour pop!


 Displaying image.jpeg



Spring colour pop trend

With February over and us seeing in a (hopefully) warmer and dryer March (ok, I'm being far too optimistic!) I am being drawn away from all of those nudes and vampy reds I have been wearing over the last few months of Autumn and Winter and towards the gorgeous pastels and popping brights out there. My main obsession this month has been bright pinks, oranges and orange reds...here are some of my favorite buys (and there have been many, to my bank balance's dismay!) of February...

Displaying image.jpegTopshop lipstick in Innocent £8

This is a really easy to wear pink, I have been wearing this alot in the daytime since I purchased it 2 weeks ago. I would say they are correct in their description of "a velvet finish lipstick to smooth and moisturize lips" as its a creamy, non-drying formula that you can really build the colour in a couple of slicks.


Displaying image.jpeg

Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick in 09 Orange Pop-up £7.99

I was really excited to purchase this lipstick as I have a real thing for orange and orange red lipsticks, I swatched it on my hand and the colour was a nice bright orange, however, on my lips it comes out more pink! It's still a very nice colour, just not as bright orange as I was hoping it would be. I didn't find it had the glossy finish it claimed to had, it definitely is more matte, but definitely not drying.
Displaying image.jpeg
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Audacious £7.99

This is going to get alot of wear from me! I already have all of Revlon's ColorBurst Balm Stain's (as well as most other lip crayons from various other brands!) and the colour is always vivid and true to the description. This new matte version is no different, it has a lovely velvet matte texture and the colour is a fab bright orange!


Displaying photo.JPG 
Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in In Love With Ginger £6.49

Another colour that is going to get alot of wear from me! This is the first lipstick I have purchased from Rimmel since I was a teenager and I really feel like I have been missing out! This is a gorgeous, bright orange red. It's very moisturizing and the colour is very vivid with just one slick! I usually prefer matte lipsticks so I did end up blotting off the shine...this will be a staple part of my make-up bag over the next few months!
Displaying image.jpeg


Ciate polish in Red Hot Chilli £9

I adore this orange red shade! It goes perfectly with the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick...I had been wearing it for 3 days when I took this photo, still glossy and no chips...another winner for me from Ciate!


So despite the weather being dreary outside, my make-up bag is certainly lifting my spirits and I now can't wait until I have a tan to sport with my new favorites!

Jodie 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment